« Home | just for fun » | 168lbs of pure evil » | tricky » | fun stuff » | hepatitis p » | movie » | spoilers are dumb » | fridays at the gym » | gadzooks! it has been a long time » | O'Verien McBrotzman »

great weather

the clouds are holding up the dawn
they're stilts or crutches
i can't tell which one
to keep the short days looking longer
or to keep the sunlight from falling on broken legs
but the night's disguise is wearing thin
~rocky votolato



we have been having some great weather down here. it rained for about five to six days straight. it was a warm rain, but i spent a good deal of time in it- i love rainy days. the sunny ones are ok. but though we were blessed with rain, the overblessing came in the form of flooding. but i will take that over a drought.

odd thought- though i am not a big fan of contractions, some of them seem out of place in sentences when they are broken down, and one seems all wrong to begin with. for example, 'doesn't he understand?' (does not he understand?), just seems odd. and what about 'won't'. 'won't' is supposed to be for 'will not.' seems like it should be willn't, if you follow the pattern for the others (shouldn't, wouldn't, don't, doesn't, can't...)

and what a great phrase i hear more and more often, 'i hear ya.' when one utters it, there is no need to listen or even pretend to care. if i hear you, which i do, it is good enough. what a phrase. i will make much use of it when i can.

my mother came down to q-town. it was an odd time. i had a terrible childhood, so it is very hard to welcome someone like my mother into my house. hard to be welcoming altogether. call me terrible, but it is hard to be nice to someone who has been dreadfully terrible to you for most of you life. but i acknowledge the effort, so my best was done to receive it and be as cordial as possible.

on a better note, my nephew called. he is just shy of 5. he remembers people's phone numbers, not tons, but a few. the call came up as dan- but it was my nephew screaming, 'boobies, boobies, boobies.' yes, i am a great uncle, that kid is a riot because of me. he wants to do everything i do. when we were in disneyland, i had my picture taken with snow white. i was gabbing her boob (it was a statue), and we were both smiling. and ever since, ethan screams boobies when he sees me, or calls me. what a kid.

about me

  • i'm billiam
  • from prague, Czechia
  • where capital letters have been executed! let's see... i really dislike sunny days. i love precipitation of all kinds. snow is my favorite. i wish that it could be no more than fifty degrees fahrenheit, and clouds covering the sky. i enjoy friends and beer- in that order. i dislike wearing shirts. my random thoughts and unanswerable questions keep me up at night. when i sleep i have dreams; long epic dreams. i believe that it is important to be fit in mental, physical, and emotional capacities. any food worth eating should be as organic as possible, without additives that have letters p, k, x, c, h in close proximity without vowels. save a cow- eat a vegetarian.
my profile - click it up